And you thought 2019 was a weird year? Well… 2020 is certainly putting up a fight. Times are rough and with the global spread of the new Coronavirus, the world has found itself in quarantine — meaning that, worldwide, we are all practicing social distancing and staying home as much as possible to collectively win this fight. Yeah, this Black Mirror episode is CRAZY.
So you got all this free time in your hands for 15 days. Now what? Should you just take infinite naps? Scroll on social media all day? What about using this opportunity to learn a new skill? After all, what better time to pick up a new (or old!) hobby, sign up for a course on your favorite subject or just simply… learn some new hairdos?
Cute side braids, perfect curls and your favorite messy buns — it’s all here, step by step, waiting for you to quarantine & chill. Even if you can’t show your new hairdo to anyone other than your cat right now, at least you have enough time to practice until it’s perfect!
Looking for some Disney princess magic and have no time for a blow dry? These two braid tutorials are exactly what you need.
1. Side Braid with Messy Bun
Going for something quick and chic? Rough dry your hair, accent your lazy low bun with a braid and you’re ready to go. Here’s how to do the side braid with a messy bun step by step:
- When rough drying, keep your head upside down but remember that the flow of the air should always face the ground — this will avoid tangling.
- Without brushing your hair, flip it over to one side.
- Keeping some loose pieces along your hairline, braid a section from the top layers of your hair.
- Secure it with a tiny elastic band.
- Rough up the hair at the crown and give yourself a low bun, including your braid.
2. Side Braid with Hair Down
This style is a cute way to make your hair look like you’ve put effort into it when you’re really just winging it! You’ve guessed it, this is one of my all-time favorites.
- Flip hair over to one side and split it into 3 sections.
- Using your fingers in one hand only, keep the hair separated so you always have one hand free to bring new sections into the braid.
- Braid all the way and secure it with a small invisible elastic!
The Perfect Curls
I always get a lot of questions on how to do the perfect curls, so this tutorial is dedicated to all the mermaids who are always on the hunt for the perfect beach hair. Grab your curling iron and get at it ladies — summer is just around the corner.
- Separate hair into top and bottom.
- Using a 1 inch curling iron, wrap hair away from your face.
- Do the first section close to your roots, leaving ends out.
- Do the section directly behind it, starting half way down and leaving ends out.
- Alternate this pattern and get that mermaid look!
Styling messy hair is always less maintenance throughout the day. Most times, just rough drying gives a better foundation for a messy look and the elements of life can only make it better. Seriously, what’s better than looking flawless knowing that you put minimal effort into it?
1. Messy Short Hair
- Section your hair into top and bottom and use a thin flat iron.
- Take very thin slivers of hair vertically and twist backwards with the iron.
- Leave the ends out to keep it looking like you didn’t just spend an hour on it.
- Shake it off, girl!
2. Messy Bun
- Section your hair into top and bottom, leaving your bangs / front pieces out.
- Do a half ponytail but don’t pull all the hair through, making a bun on top of your head.
- Adjust bun, opening it up to the sides.
- Grab the bottom section of your hair and wrap around your bun.
- Secure it with 2 bobby pins in the back of your head.